WHOLENESS







Wholeness
The state of being complete.

The Taijitu symbol was the inspiration for the colour scheme behind the theme of Wholeness. 

It signifies the vibration of complete unity, a balanced state. Where opposites and contrary forces actually complement eachother and work together. 
It's two halves that complete wholeness. 

Examples of that duality in nature can be found in:
  • Heaven & Hell
  • Life & Death
  • War & Peace
  • Strength & Weakness
 You cannot have one, without the other. 

Now when I look at this duality in my own life; I understand that I cannot have the good without some bad. 

Wholeness does not mean becoming perfect.

In my own journey and pursuit of wholeness; the whole process makes you look deep within yourself to realise the amazing attributes and strengths that you have about yourself. As well as the characteristics that you also may not be proud of; but you can work on. Just like the symbol, there is both good and bad in all of us. 

Where my strengths lie, my weaknesses can also be highlighted and it is only by God's strength that I can improve in this matter and be better. Cultivating every skill until I become a master in it. 

In the same way, in my weaknesses, seasons of hardship, discouragement, and overcoming many draining experiences; there is always that seed of strength to keep going. 

It's almost like a break-through. You have to first undergo the hardship to fully break-out of what you were once used to, and experience the goodness that is on the other side. This allows you to appreciate the good. 

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


As a christian, this verse "my grace is sufficient for you", resonates with me. Because at that time Paul was going through some trials, and it was only by God's grace that allowed him to get through that, as the thorn on his side. As his point of strength. It was only by God's strength that Paul was able to minister. Knowing Paul had a weakness when it came to speech, God used that weakness of his to make him one of the best preacher's that was recorded in the bible, after Jesus' time. It was in his weaknesses that he allowed God's power to shine. 

But it's our weaknesses that actually makes us more human, more understanding and relatable. Your pain is your signature, and being authentic in yourself and what each person has gone through is the best and most real message anyone can give. By embracing every part of yourself, including your flaws, your mistakes, is a step in the right direction to wholeness. 

But no one wants to do that. Everyone so easily conforms, and I'm not excused from this either. There's a fear of standing out and saying what you want to say, creating content that actually represents you and what you're about. 

If I'm being honest, fear is one of my biggest weaknesses and has held me back countless of times. My excuse for not doing a lot of things is fear. But even that's not a good enough excuse. This is MY weakness, and where God's strength comes in.

When you start to realise, it's actually not about you. You we created to be a light in people's lives, in certain situations, even on campus. You wouldn't shy away so fast, and instead be willing to make yourself more available to being of service to people. To be that authentic change. You were never made to fit in anyway. 

Your weaknesses will eventually be a strength by which you can show either the goodness of Christ or the hard work of the human spirit.

In essence, the weakness' and strengths work together to make one whole you. Both the good and the bad come together; to make an individual with excellent potential. 

"Your life is a continuum where wholeness is on one end and destruction is on the other. Each decision you make it moving you one direction towards wholeness and peace with God, or away from Him." 

- C.S. Lewis

Pursuing wholeness is the single most important thing we can do for ourselves in this life. The most complete and whole version of yourself is the best and highest version of yourself. Invest in yourself, because living anything below what you were called to be, is simply you living, a lie. A mediocre and counterfeit life. 

Being whole, means having no cracks or missing parts that are unhealthy.


The process of wholeness is similar to undertaking a makeover; you're growing in every kind of way...body, soul and spirit. Where every crack, insecurity and scar is now mended and smoothed out. 
"A version so awesome that to die before experiencing it would be one of life's greatest tragedies - Toure Roberts"




ABOUT THE SHOOT

Every model in the shoot is wearing black and white, but their outfit is inspired by urban street wear. I love urban street wear, it's edgy and everyone has their own take on what 'street style' means to them. I'm all about YOU as a person, and cultivating that. It was important for me, that everyone showed their own signature style through two basic colours. Even if everyone is wearing the same colours, not everyone looks the same. 

I feel like since coming to university, it's inspiring to see different people and their creative outlook on different things. whether through the content they create, their opinions, even the way each person carries themselves, it's refreshing to see. It's even more interesting to see each person's ability to style an outfit in different ways. It's helped me expand my own fashion sense. 

Because you're always growing, you're not always going to stick to the same thing. Your desires change, and that's good. if you are the same person you were a year or three years ago... there's a problem. 

Having both male and female models, was a nice touch and was perfect with the whole contrasting theme. 

A BIG thank you to every person who was involved in this photoshoot, and helped me bring my vision to life! I appreciate you. 

Models: Gam, Ben, Ozz, Martin, Kaylen, Jordan, Farai, AJ, Tracita, Annika, Candice, Georgia


- Navo

xo
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WISHLIST

LOB

Ask Lourdes #1