Proverbs 18:24


Proverbs 18:24

"One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

Ethereal was initially the project in mind; but with anything I've ever started, it always ventures out into something more...more exciting and meaningful. With anything I do, there's always an element of experimentation involved; for instance, this whole blog is a product of experimentation. Experimentation of looks, designers, experiences, and photography. However this time around, I wanted to push myself to create a project that was bigger than what I normally do. Bigger landscape, more people, more planning, and definitely more travelling. This wasn't just any average photo-shoot. 

This project was an idea of mine that I've had for a while; especially not being able to blog as much in the last couple of month's, I wanted to get back into blogging with a new mindset and bring something bold, exciting and unique to my platform that I have built up in the last 2 years. I can proudly say I have built a foundation for myself to showcase everything and anything I want. 

I gathered some of my closest female friends to travel to Richmond park and the Isabella plantation in South West London. Everyone including myself wore white in the photo-shoot because the colour white is associated with positive annotations such as successful beginning's, purity, faith, peace, and goodness to name a few. As females, we are all successful in our own way but we also demonstrate a peaceful nature. Everyone within the photo is wearing red lipstick. This contrast of white and red was an important detail for me to have because red represents many things such as; power, strength, determination, love, and passion. All these together, showcase just some of the characteristics we females have within us. We are not only peaceful and successful people but all of us has our own flame within us; we are also fierce and strong. Mother nature can do no wrong. One of the concepts for this photoshoot was to have a modern day ethereal vibe, so being surrounded by nature was an obvious choice. However, nature is the phenomena that be responsible for physical life. Naturally, we are all living and breathing physical people, so this was a nice connection. As you can see from the photo's, everyone is wearing white but not the same outfit. Being a lover of all thing's fashion, I understand the importance of one's individual style. I wanted everyone to choose their own outfit's to successfully convey their own unique style because everyone is not the same, and we all have our own interests. 

This project is evidence of a united friendship as well as female empowerment. 

A big thank you to Rachel, Arrmeila, Lolade, Mawuena, Nabeeha, Keshani and Ella for taking the time and effort to be a part of this project. This project would not have happened or been as amazing as it was without them. Love you, girls. 


Lourdes xo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WISHLIST

LOB

Ask Lourdes #1