The quote above is said by Cassandra Lokko. I have always been guilty of this, I used to compare myself to others for everything. Exam scores, looks, ability, etc. It's normal. Sometimes you can't help it, it just happens naturally , especially when you are surrounded by talented people or friends who YOU feel are way smarter than you. The education system and the society we live in today, encourages healthy competition so you work harder, because it's true, jobs are getting harder to obtain these days, therefore people expect you to be the best of the best. So it's natural, you can't help but compare yourself to others sometimes. But that doesn't mean it's always good to do that. I've had many experiences of comparing myself to others and I honestly still fall into that trap. I've realized that sometimes it may encourage you to work even harder but most times,...
Your identity is not just a country that you belong to. It's about who you are. I'm going to be transparent with you, I really struggled with writing this blogpost. Identity was the topic of discussion for this post, and I'm always advocating for people investing in themselves. I was writing about Identity, and the importance of educating yourself on your own culture and other's. However, even I was getting confused myself throughout this blogpost. I had to admit the harsh truth to myself that I still did not know my identity to the fullest. I think the problem was I was looking for a one sentence kind of explanation of what my identity is. The way people are so quick to label themselves by their country, or by what they do. "I'm Sri Lankan", "I'm a blogger" , "Im a ...." "I am this...". For so long I ide...
Where work life meets high fashion. Michael Kors has done it again, with an interesting collection perfect for woman. Taking massive inspiration from style icons such as Carolyn Bessette Kennedy & the Duchess of Windsor. There is something for each woman in this collection, whether you like the bags, or camel coats; there will be something each of us want. You can definitely tell from this collection there would have been some controversy due to the massive incorporation of faux fur. Although the way Kors has included fur into the woman's suits and dresses make it more beautiful and more interesting. I'm also very glad to see that faux fur will be another massive trend for another year! Fur has been a trend for years! I'm sure it will be incorporated in outfits , bags , scarves for many more years to come. Not only is fur a huge trend, but it's the year where belts are coming back into style. Belts popped up everywhere, from being include in the sui...
Comments
Post a Comment