If Jesus was here today, would you recognise him?



Testimonies. To me the word 'Testimony' is the public proof or evidence of God's work in your life, and there has been many this year for me! Since 2016 is basically coming to a close, I feel grateful that I have a platform to not only share my love for fashion, but it's a platform that is evolving into so much more!

I think it's clear to say 2016 has not been the most amazing year for the whole world.... from brexit, to the US election, and the constant spread of hatred and war's escalating on a daily basis. This year probably feel's the least like christmas. In the midst of this confusing year, it can be stressful to see how God is actually present in all of this, if he's even listening to our cry for help, our questions, if he saw us when we needed help. What we forget is, he is always listening! He's not going to just leave you hanging. I promise you that.

I think it's important to remember that there are testimonies out there. Proof that there are still good people out there! There are miracles happening in the midst of all the chaos. There is love. There is still hope. Proof that God is still present and very real! I can say from my own experience looking back at this whole year, 2016 has been a roller coaster. For me personally, it's been a year of relationships. Relationships with other people, with God, and most importantly myself. It's been an on-going growing season. I'm grateful for the experiences, but i'm also in awe at the work of God in my life, because I can honestly say i'm not the same person I was from the start of the year.... I don't think anyone is. I always say to people, God doesn't change you as a person; he just improves you.

When reviewing my own story this year, there was a certain point I had to undergo inorder to get back up again. I entertained situations that caused a strain on my heart, I was very insecure and confused, lost self-worth and self-identity. No one knew what I was feeling because on the outside I was the same. Same bubbly person.

It's funny how some of us can become such good actor's.

I had pulled away from God for so long that I couldn't say I was genuinely happy doing thing's my way. I heard a word recently about "running to GOD when times are hard".  The message resonated with me because earlier this year I was infact, running the wrong way. When I was running away from God, my thoughts, trying to work it all out by myself... I should have actually been running towards him. Because who else is going to fix the broken pieces inside me, when I didn't even know who I was, when I wasn't even sure where which piece goes where? Sometimes you can't tell people everything, because sometimes even the closest people in your life will try to, but just won't understand. That's why God is different, he understands.

"But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble." - Psalms 37:39 (KJV)

It took me a while, but in due time I came to the Lord and gave my truth. To be totally honest, God already knew everything... he know's my heart, so it wasn't about me having to tell him everything I felt, because your telling GOD something he already know's... he made you. He knew you would encounter these situations. "Before I formed you in your mother's womb, I knew YOU."

He was just waiting for you to make the effort to come into his prescence with him. "Just come to me, I know your hurting, bring it to my feet and just trust in me." God had to break me, inorder to lift me up again to see his glory! To show me that no one, not even I could have raised myself up in that way. I dont have that power, he does. From the words of Karl Lokko, I believe in the 'butterfly effect' because in a short amount of time that's how I evolved and my insides expanded. It could have only been God. He answered me, he strengthened me, and I became a better person because of it. I was drained from my own inner demons, not realising how much baggage I was actually holding onto, but received a break-through. Summer 2016 was an interesting one for sure.

"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." 1 Peter 5:7 (KJV)

I made the decision to become a born again Catholic in August , desiring to excell in my relationship with God and received the Holy Spirit in heavenly tongues. To be 'born again' means when your spirit is reborn and the highest version of your self can now be established, thus it's about encountering a deeper relationship with the Lord and seeking to find your purpose with the skills you have. Since when you became born through your mother, you were born of flesh, not entirely spirit. Being born again closes the gap between 'knowing that there is a higher power out there' to actually now 'believing in the Lord' and being a follower. Jesus explained the term to Nicodemus saying, 
'Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.'

There comes a point where you have to question yourself. Are you a catholic and know who God is, or are you just saying you are because that's what you have been born into, so you have to say you're a "catholic" for the sake of it, or for your parents... never truly finding out who God is for yourself? This was me too, so i'm not judging, because it's a personal journey for everyone, and everyone isn't as open about it in this generation. Afriad of embarrassment and judgement.

God is evident in my life, I've recognised him in the midst of my doubts and fears and accepted him into my life. Through him I've already done so much! This video for instance is another testimony. I wanted to glorify the Lord's name, so I asked for opportunities to do just that. I told God this, and when I tell you he listen's... he genuinely does listen. Literally the next day, I received this opportunity to create a short video/film about a question regarding religion and God today in this generation. Despite my faults, he still loved me to entrust me with an opportunity to influence other's through this video. I can proudly say that the video did just that. the video WAS and IS successful, and I received an over flow of messages conveying how the video has helped and answered some of people's thoughts and changed people's outlook on God.

I think its important to mention that when you're at your weakest... that's actually when you're strengthened and most valuable. God will use anything! your experiences, your pain, your confusion, and turn it into something great, because you don't know how many people can be transformed and influenced by your testimony.

The next few days, God gave me visions and showed me what kind of things I should say and include in the video. He even told me who I should ask to help me edit this video. He's a talented bloke who is basically family. I am forever grateful for him, who was able to edit this video in a short amount of time. Check his work out if you haven't already...            

http://evan-fernando.wixsite.com/portfolio

I feel as if there are negative connotations of being connected to the term 'religious'. So many people are quick to judge 'religious' people, because apparently theres a certain "look" or particular way people should behave because we're religious.
Religion is a way of living. Your personal faith and journey with God...now that's something completely different.

I am a product of faith and maybe it's the peace of God, but I've never felt more in alignment with God's purpose for my life than ever. I'm not confused but actually have clear direction. I still don't have all the answer's but I don't need to know everything right now and nor do you. I think everyone including myself is so done with 2016 . However, it's important to have faith and trust that 2017 will be a banger, because I know in my heart God has big plans, even if I am finishing my A levels next year ... *sigh*.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

If you think about it, 2016 has been a challenging year for everyone! But still rewarding, don't you think? Learn from it...let go and let God.

If you wish to invite God into your life, say this prayer out loud with belief.

PRAYER OF SALVATION
O Lord God. I come to you in the name of Jesus. I believe that Jesus Christ is your son. 
I believe that you raised Him from the dead and I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is the Lord of my life today. 
I receive by Faith, remission of sins for my soul, and right now, in the name of Jesus Christ, I receive eternal life into my spirit. I declare with my mouth that I am born again!


Lourdes xo

                                            
                                             

Comments

  1. Beautiful, beautiful post, congratulations love I'm proud of you. Surely there is so much ahead 🙌💗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WISHLIST

LOB

Ask Lourdes #1